Donor Advised Funds – A donor advised fund (DAF) is like a charitable investment account sponsored by FINCA International. It is a donor-friendly giving tool that allows you to recommend grants to your favorite charities over time while enjoying immediate tax benefits by fully deducting your contributions in the year they are made.
Unused tax deductions may be carried forward for up to five additional years. Liquid funds in your DAF are invested in qualified charitable investments until grants are made from your DAF account to an approved charitable organization. Accounts may be established with cash, securities and other non-cash assets such as real estate and restricted or privately held shares, subject to the approval of FINCA.
• Immediate tax deduction
How a Donor Advised Fund Works
A DAF works like a personal fund dedicated to your charitable giving. Instead of writing multiple checks to individual charities, you contribute everything into one simple Giving Fund. Decide now or later which charities you want to recommend that your Giving Fund support. While you decide, your contributions are invested with the potential to grow tax free and make a bigger impact.
Need More Information?
If you have any questions about starting a donor advised fund, we would be happy to assist you.
Want to Create a DAF with FINCA?
Already Have a FINCA DAF?
Benefits of Opening a FINCA DAF Account
- It is easy to open your FINCA DAF account and streamline your charitable giving.
- You gain eligibility for an immediate federal income tax deduction at the time the gift is made while enjoying the flexibility to recommend support for the charities you care about on your own timeline.
- The full fair market value of appreciated assets such as appreciated securities and complex assets such as real estate and partnership interests can be deducted from your taxable income and you can avoid capital gains liability, which enables you to increase your giving ability.
- You can name successor advisers so that your charitable legacy extends beyond your lifetime and creates a culture of giving across generations in your family.
- The FINCA DAF has a minimum initial contribution of $10,000, which is lower than many other donor advised funds.
- Your contributions are invested in one or more socially responsible investment funds under the professional management of FINCA/Two West Advisors, enabling your contributions to compound tax-free overtime and expanding your ability to make more grants in the future.
- Your DAF account can be used as your “charitable checkbook” for future gifts to the charities you support.
- You will receive a consolidated quarterly report that shows all your contributions and all grants made from your account in one report.
- You will enjoy easy online access to manage all aspects of your charitable giving, including donations and recommended grant-making. You can support FINCA and other charities you like while we coordinate all the grants.
- You can choose to have grants from your account be made anonymously.
- Your account will be protected through a secure password system that only you and your designated advisor(s) have access to. You will be able to view your account details online.
- You will receive personalized customer service. FINCA will endeavor to learn what areas are of greatest interest or concern to you, such as affordable housing, children’s services or integrated health and nutrition. FINCA can support you in identifying charities that align with your charitable goals.
- You can use your account to help provide services to vulnerable populations and persons in need.