Six Ways to Make a Year End Gift to FINCA
The holiday season is upon us, and with it the warm spirit of generosity and giving. To many donors, the end of the year is the time to impact causes that matter. Furthermore, it is time to reflect on financial gains and maximize tax benefits by donating to charity.
Making a year-end gift to FINCA has an immediate impact on communities we serve. Donations to FINCA empower our global network of social entrepreneurs in countries like El Salvador, Haiti and Uganda. Ultimately, your support of FINCA programs alleviates poverty in underserved markets.
Here are six tax advantageous ways to make a year-end gift to FINCA:
- Make a cash donation to get a tax deduction.
- Make a stock gift to avoid capital gains tax on appreciated stocks.
- Donate from your IRA if you are over the age of 70½ to meet your annual required minimum distribution.
- Establish a charitable remainder unitrust to reduce capital gains tax and receive an income for up to 20 years.
- Leave a charitable bequest to receive an estate tax charitable deduction and leave a legacy gift.
- Direct gifts from your donor advised fund to receive an immediate tax deduction.
In the words of one of our donors: “FINCA strives to make a positive difference through tangible improvements in the daily lives of the underserved. These opportunities include personal improvement and, in time, economic improvements. Perhaps you’ve seen local signs reading ‘Your tax dollars at work.’ Why not embrace a global vision instead: ‘Give a little, change a lot?’”
In sum, the holiday season is the best time to support causes you care about. Additionally, gifts to charity have tax advantages, which benefit donors every year. Our team at FINCA is ready to help you decide which way of giving works best for you. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss giving options.